The Program Committee invites industry professionals to submit speaking proposals for the 2018 IW Manufacturing & Technology Conference & Expo, to be held May 8-10, 2018, in Raleigh, North Carolina.
Fill out the registration form.
The IW Manufacturing & Technology Conference & Expo provides a unique and highly immersive educational experience that reveals best practices in technology, leadership, workforce development and continuous improvement, via plant tours, pre-conference workshops, keynote presentations, concurrent breakout sessions, networking events/receptions, and highly interactive exhibit hall presentations.
We encourage proposals from speakers with practical experience in developing, implementing, and overseeing leading-edge technology implementations, workforce best practices, and continuous improvement strategies in their organizations.
Although we welcome submissions from consultants or vendors, such proposals will be considered only if co-presenting with a manufacturer client. Co-presenters must be identified at time of submission in order to be considered.
Topic Areas for Submission:
We are accepting proposals for the following one-hour tracks (Additional tracks may be added later):
Track 1: Continuous Improvement Fundamentals: This track targets individuals and work teams at the start of their continuous improvement journey. Sessions in this track focuses heavily on the tools. Specific topics we’d like to include (but are not limited to) are:
- Introduction to lean manufacturing/lean culture/Six Sigma
- How to create a visual factory
- Choosing KPIs
- Kaizen events
- Value-stream mapping
- The Gemba Walk
Please note: Some of these topics may also work in Advanced Continuous Improvement, depending upon their level of sophistication.
Track 2: Advanced Continuous Improvement: This track targets individuals and work teams who are veterans of lean and continuous improvement, and who may oversee multiple facilities. They are seeking ways to sustain their initiatives as well as introduce more complex strategies. Sessions in this track should engage attendees who are well past the beginner’s stage. Specific topics of interest include (but are not limited to):
- Hoshin kanri
- Level scheduling
- How to sustain your continuous improvement gains
- Just in time production
- Lean inventory
- Servant leadership (this could work in workforce, as well)
- Lean maintenance
Track 3: Leadership for a New Manufacturing Era: This track targets leaders from all facets of the manufacturing sector who are charged with guiding their facilities and organizations through a transformational period in U.S. manufacturing. This track will offer expert insights on coping with an influx of new workers, new technologies and new business models while focused on developing high-performance organizations. Suggested topics include:
- Handling change and disruption
- Building the agile organization
- Leading the IoT transformation
- Leading through acquisitions and mergers
- Developing a values-based company
- Leading the lean facility
- Building a winning culture
Track 4: Talent Management: This track provides best practices and strategies to build a better workforce. We are seeking topics in these broad areas:
- Employee Engagement
Track 5: Manufacturing Technology Strategies: This track targets attendees seeking the latest technology tools and strategies to improve operational efficiency and boost productivity. Specific topics of interest include (but are not limited to):
- IoT/Smart Manufacturing
- 3-D Printing/Additive Manufacturing
- Augmented/Virtual Reality
To Receive Preference in the Review Process, a Proposal Should:
- Involve a real-world implementation
- Engage the audience in a highly creative or interactive way
- Be applicable to a broad range of manufacturers
- Provide practical takeaways attendees can either implement immediately or that drive robust discussions about new ways to improve operations
Benefits of Speaking:
- Each presenter will receive one complimentary full-conference pass
- Your name will be published on conference promotional material, website and in attendee program
- As a speaker you are recognized as a leader in your field and to the IndustryWeek community
- Your company will receive a discounted conference pass rate